birkeland family update :: growing our family

I know, I know so mean of me to make you wait. But I had good reason, I promise {it’s all about timing, don’t ya know?} A lot of friends in our new city didn’t know about our journey to Evie so that has made this {re}sharing even more fun. And of course, you lovely people that follow along and have been for a long time. We are just so grateful. We couldn’t have made it this far without all of you. Your prayers, love, and hope have inspired us and encouraged us to keep-on-going and keep believing.

When we were in the waiting room with Evie’s birthmother, the Holy Spirit whispered a promise. I do not feel like it’s the right time to give all the details but you need to know that we serve a God that fulfills promises that He gives to His children. We can put our HOPE and FAITH in those promises. He says He will never leave us or forsake us. In my thirty years on earth He has never left my side. He has always been a closer than a breath.

He was so close as we have been waiting and praying about what’s next for our family. I have been taking care of myself by going to my annual OB appointments, but I have not inquired about infertility related things at all. My heart has been so so so raw. It has truly taken all four of these years in between to heal and hope again. All of the ladies in this world of infertility would all be saying a resounding *AMEN* right now if we were in a room together. Nothing compares to all the stages of infertility.

At the beginning you are so hopeful and sure you will stop taking birth control and there will be a baby in your belly. But after couple of months of negative pregnancy tests, you start thinking you might should go to the doctor. You make the appointment – the doc {probably the nurse} says they do not consider you infertile until you’ve been trying for at least a year. So back to the house you go. A year passes, still no baby in your belly. You go back. Then all the doctor appointments begin – the blood work, surgery, the HSG test … and still nothing. All of that can just really really bring someone down. Month after month of being told that your dreams are not coming true. It’s hard. So hard. So much loss and hopelessness and fear.

Take a look at that picture —–> that just screams BUT GOD! Our God has a plan for all our pain and it’s not wasted. Not one bit of it.

So here we are. It’s 2017 and for two years we have been praying and praying and praying some more… asking God what’s next for our family. Do we adopt? Do we pursue biological children? Do we wait? Do we make appointments? Do we call up a social worker and start the home study process?

He answered us. He gave us peace. This past 21 days of prayer & fasting, the Lord answered.

We are pursuing our precious biological children – I have my first appointment in the morning with a new OB {not a fertility specialist yet, one step at a time friends} It’s at 9:30am. I would appreciate any and ALL prayers. {Please pray for peace for me + pray that the whole experience would be life giving and full of hope + pray that my heart would be steadfast and know where my hope lies.}

I will update at some point after my appointment and let you sweet people know what’s next for us.

CRAZY love for each of you,

KB

Comments

1. Oh. I love you KB.

2. Kristen Bagwell says:

The Bagwell’s are so full of hope and excited for you! We love you guys and will be praying every single step of the way! Xoxo

3. Lauri Tickal says:

So many prayers on peace. So much joy for precious Evie. But I’m hopeful to see where God takes you next.

4. So happy for y’all Kailey. No matter what happens, you know it is in God’s almighty precious hands! I Have loved following yalls story and so many others we follow together. That Evie is so beautiful.
    Good luck at your doctors appointment!
    Prayers for you and your new doctor and their team. Hugs!

5. Believing with you that God’s got this! I feel this year is the year of suddenlies-that things that we have been waiting on will suddenly happen! All for His Glory! Praying with you dear friend! May you walk in peace knowing He has you right in the center of His heart and hands!

6. So emotional reading this <3 <3 <3 I love you so much!!! Praying for the appointment and for PEACE!!

(That fam pic…okay, models.)

7. Courtney Cloud says:

Love you friend! Praying for you!

8. Amanda Liddie says:

Prayers for you and your sweet family!!

9. Mitzi Boyd says:

I love reading about your journey and faith in our Lord! It is beautiful! Prayers for you and Dru and just trusting with you that God will give you the desires of your heart as you delight in Him! He will settle you in your home as the mother of children!!!💖(Plural!!)😘
    Psalm 113:9

• Kailey Birkeland says:

Yes! Many! We are believing and taking it one step at a time! Thank you so much for loving us and praying for us!

10. Praying for y’all, your story is so beautiful!! ❤️

11. Dana Wilson says:

Such a hard journey but you are strong and you can do this. Thank you for sharing and I pray for you and your lil family.

12. Haley Thomas says:

Praying and excited for you!!!! Miss you friend!

13. so so excited for you friend! Believing for LIFE

14. Carly Dumas says:

Wow y’all are incredible! Praying for peace and hope everything goes well KB!

15. Autumn Medlin says:

So happy to see your beautiful family grow! Praying for you!

16. Shannon says:

Praying and standing with you guys every step of the way!

17. Lindsie Guerrasio says:

Bring tears to my eyes! I love you and I’m praying for you! So excited to read this ❤️

18. Lindsay says:

Praying for you sweet friend 💕

19. Ali Maloney says:

Praying for you! So excited to be apart of watching what God does with your journey! It’s been amazing to watch so far and I can’t wait for the future! Love y’all so much!

Your comments make my day!